Monday, November 14, 2016

November 14, 2016 - Zvakanaka


How's it going everybody??!!

I hope everyone's week has been a blast and filled with joy! This was honestly a difficult week but I hope and pray that things will continue to get better.
The title for this email can mean many things (beautiful, well, good) but it honestly just essentially means good things. I hear this word a lot and it's super great!
This week we had a ton of fall throughs which was really disappointing. We spent most of the week visiting less active members, because frankly they outnumber the active ones. I'll just share a couple of experiences. We met Sister Mupindu and her sons this week. She actually served a mission in the early 1990's, but following her marriage her husband forbid her from going to church. She's since separated from him, and she came to church for the first time in about 20 years this Sunday and I think we are going to baptize her sons!! I hope and pray that things continue to go well. We also saw the Ngwaru family. Brother Ngwaru was a branch president multiple times and they served a couples mission a couple years ago, but because of a serious misunderstanding he left the church and now goes to Jehovah's witness. His testimony, however, is still strong and we can tell it is still there. Someday, he will return to church and find again the joy.
Proof that I can kubika (cook)
[please excuse the odd look on my face]
The one highlight for our investigators is Brother Makora. He lives in Woodlands, which is probably over a half hour walk from the church. However, every Sunday he walks on his own and has been doing so for months! He would be baptized by now but he and his wife aren't legally married, as is the case with many people here. We are trying to get that issue sorted out so that he can be baptized! This guy has truly gained a witness and a testimony and is more dedicated than half the members. It's inspiring to me.
Another highlight this week was Wednesday night! Thanks to the thoughtfulness of my wonderful mother, we had taco night with the zone leaders! Ahh everything tasted so good. By some miracle we were able to find tortillas as well so it was awesome!! Holy cow it was sweet.
I don't know if my companion is sick of me singing around the house all the time, but I hope not cause I'm not really planning on stopping haha. Oh, other thing! On Friday the rains seriously came. It rained from 7 am to 7 pm and it rained HARD. We couldn't even go out because it was so ridiculous. It rained hard last night  too. The nice thing was that as a result on Saturday we had the nicest weather we've had! It wasn't too hot or overcast, overall just really nice.

Overall, nothing too exciting to report this week. Sorry I know I wrote less. I heard things are sure exciting there though! I'm not sure what to think of president-elect Trump, but I'm sure the Lord will take care of everything. I love you all!!

Musari zvakanaka!!

Elder Barlow




Giant millipede that we found outside

No comments:

Post a Comment