Monday, December 11, 2017

December 4, 2017 - Elder Magoha Got "Prophesied"

Salibonani friends and family!!

December?! I can't believe how fast time is flying. I hope you are all enjoying the cool weather and the snow back home, because the Zimbabwean sun has been scorching us this week. The rains are a little bit late this year, so we have had to endure the sweltering heat for a little longer. I do have a testimony that the Lord gives us strength when we need it!!
Elder Barrus and I

On Wednesday we went on exchanges with the zone leaders. I got to work with Elder Barrus in Mzilikazi and Emakhandeni. He's in the same group as me and we were in the same zone in the MTC. He's from Farmington and played hockey. We had a lot of fun together teaching and finding new people. He gave me a lot of good advice for my companionship and my district, which was really needed. We worked with this 16 year old girl named Kaylie, and she's basically a missionary already. She was introducing us to new people and teaching the lessons like a pro, and it was so awesome! Elder Till is my other zone leader, and he's from Austria. He has a German accent and basically sounds like Elder Uchtdorf all the time, which is pretty funny.


This week we found lots of new people! I have high hopes for them and I can't wait to teach them. We got to teach Jannet's mom and her friends, and I know the gospel can bless their family so much!! We also saw Trinity, Albring, and Alroy again. It turns out that their parents aren't really fans of them getting baptized in the church, but we had a great lesson with them from the Book of Mormon. At the end of the lesson, Albring prayed so earnestly for their parents to understand and let them come to church. Trinity and Albring did make it to church this week! They were late and they had to leave early because of a family issue, but I have faith that they felt something while they were there.
Skiki, Persy, and friends


We were teaching a young woman named Delight the other day, and after the lesson her uncle asked if he could talk to Elder Magoha. He had been sitting on the steps behind us, and so of course my companion goes to talk to him. He asked, "do you believe in spirit?" Thinking that the guy meant the Holy Ghost, Elder Magoha answered yes. Then this guy proceeds to tell Elder Magoha that he needs to pray for his father to not have an illness. And then he told him that his wife wouldn't accept him because of his work as a missionary. We just looked at each other, and then my companion goes: I'm not married. The guy pauses, and then just says that he should pray so that evil spirits don't enter into his future marriage and that his girlfriend will accept him even though he's a missionary. As we walked away, Elder Magoha just burst out laughing. I asked him if he ever thought that he would be prophesied to on his mission and he just laughed harder. It was strange but pretty funny. 

Yesterday was fast Sunday and the heat was at its peak. All of our appointments fell through and it was tough to just keep walking back and forth with nobody to teach. It was easy to feel like going home early, but we endured. Then we happened to bump into Munashe, who we hadn't seen all week aside from church. We were able to have an awesome lesson with him. He's already in 2 Nephi and we had a great lesson with him, expounding the things that he had read and helping him prepare to receive the priesthood. That guy is so awesome and his budding testimony just makes me excited to find others like him!
Jamming with Elder Baldwin, Elder Tuimaseve, and Elder Condie

I want to encourage all of you to #Light the World this Christmas season! On mormon.org you can find ways to share Christlike love and service each day leading up to Christmas. I know we can bring light into people's lives just by small and simple acts. I know that the Savior was born, that He died for us, and that He lives again. I know that Our Heavenly Father loved us enough to send him to this earth so that we might be able to return to him, and I know that He answers prayers. I love you all so much, have a wonderful week!!

Love Elder Barlow

#LighttheWorld

No comments:

Post a Comment