Monday, February 27, 2017

February 27, 2017 - Round 2 in Seke!!

Yours truly doing his laundry
Hey everybody!! Transfer news has come and Elder Ray are staying together in Seke! He's now the district leader! Elder Mkhaliphi is going for his last transfer in Harare Town and Elder Barnett is staying and training. Other awesome news: Elder Bamutesiza is spending his last transfer as my zone leader!! It's going to be super awesome to see him!!

There were plenty of highlights this week. On Tuesday we had interviews with President Mkhabela. That was super awesome. I'm really gaining more love for him as I get to know him better. He gave me some great counsel on receiving answers to prayers and he was very thoughtful. President Mkhabela knows so much about the gospel and it was just a great experience.

Wednesday was sweet as well. We took Brother Brilliant with us and taught 8 lessons!! It was awesome. We were able to see the majority of the people that we had planned for and we even met some new opportunities (including a couple of stoned and drunk guys...the gospel is for everyone!). We also were able to see Moreblessing, who's 18 and has been coming to church for 3 weeks. She's super promising and seems to love the gospel and we hope that she'll be baptized soon!

On Thursday we came together and watched the worldwide missionary broadcast. We received counsel from Elder Oaks, Elder Bednar, and Elder Andersen and others. It was so powerful and the Spirit was awesome. I could've watched it all day. My favorite part was when Elder Bednar talked about how the doctrine of Christ shouldn't be separated into different parts (faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure to the end) because it's all brought together in one in our Savior Jesus Christ! It's such a cool way to think about it. As we seek to follow Christ, we implement his doctrine in all that we do!!
Elder Ray with Brother Bomba!!
He's an RM from a year ago and he's powerful.
Haha and he remembers Elder Davenport!

On Saturday we helped the sisters with their baptism again. That's always fun. It was awkward though because their meetinghouse had no water so we had to pull a firemans' brigade to fill the font haha. That was interesting. Haha Elder Ray and I have no trouble staying busy. He's been my favorite companion because we can just talk about everything. He's not afraid to correct me on things also, which I'm grateful for. As for Shona, I've about climbed up to Elder Ray's level of knowledge. We can speak semi-fluently to people in the area and it gets a couple reactions: laughter, shocked looks, and very happy old people. The kids are the best because we mess with them a little and they laugh. It's pretty fantastic!!

Sunday night Elder Ray and I taught Munashe. We were going to go straight into the First Vision, but we got the feeling that we should wait. She was expressing some agnostic feelings regarding how all churches are true or not. We asked her questions and talked a little about faith and prayer, and then Elder Ray laid it all on the table. He told her we believe that our church is the only true and living church on the face of the earth, and she seemed a tad defensive at first. However, as we read James 1:5 and then introduced Joseph Smith, the Spirit took over. Everything was quiet as I bore testimony of the prophet Joseph and the Restoration and priesthood keys. I can't even remember what I said, but I know the Spirit guided me and the whole atmosphere changed. I haven't really experienced much of that in a lesson before, and it was amazing!

That's about it for this week!! Oh, we got the car today!! Hopefully it'll last longer than last time haha. Well I guess I'll see you all next week!! Love ya!
Musari zvakanaka,
Elder Barlow

KFC in Zim!!

My smiley-face pancake!

No comments:

Post a Comment