Tuesday, September 26, 2017

September 18, 2017 - Another Week in Zimbabwe

Hey everyone!! 

With Melo,
a YSA in our ward who leaves on his
mission to cape town next month!

I hope everyone's week has been good! This week has flown by and the temperatures seem to get hotter with each day! It's funny, whatever season it is here, we can't wait for the next one. Like right now, we are wishing for the rains, but I know by the time they come we will be hoping they stop! Zimbabwean weather is crazy!

On Wednesday I went on exchanges with Elder Taloa, a little throwback to our Chitown days. It was a lot of fun to serve with him again and to see how much he has grown. He is a cool guy and a good friend. We found some new investigators by teaching with the Book of Mormon, and hopefully we will be able to teach them in the coming week! On Thursday we boarded a bus as a zone and drove to Gweru early in the morning. It was crazy to be back in my first area, especially since I haven't been there since last Christmas! It was awesome to see Elders Aden, Sink, Hamblin, Ray, and others. Zone conference is 
With Elders Sink and Hamblin
who were companions and zone leaders in the MTC
and are companions and zone leaders in the field right now
always a good time to meet up with other missionaries. We received powerful instruction from President Mkhabela about teaching the plan of salvation. It is such an important lesson and I've often taken the knowledge of where I came from, why I'm here, and where I'm going for granted. We also got to listen to an awesome talk from Elder Holland about having the Holy Ghost with us all the time. The Holy Ghost is vital to missionary work and without it, we cannot serve the Lord in His way. I have a testimony of how much the Spirit influences our teaching.
With Elder Aden at zone conference


On Friday we had interviews with President Mkhabela. It's been a while since I've seen him, and it was awesome to talk with him again. He taught us about the difference between virtue and vice and how we need to have the Spirit so that we can be loving, joyful, peaceful, and patient. My interview with him was very uplifting. He truly cares about us as missionaries and I feel like he really wants me to be my best. President is really powerful and wise and has an amazing knowledge of the scriptures, and it's a blessing to have a great mission president like him.

Elder Daka and I found 10 new investigators this week and had 6 people come to church on Sunday! It was a good week and I know that the Lord helps us find the people who are ready to receive the gospel of Jesus Christ! This week I have been studying about the Savior's visit to the Americas in 3 Nephi. The Lord loves all His people and He is the same yesterday, today and forever. It is only in and through Jesus Christ that we may be saved, and if we put our trust and faith in Him, we will be comforted and strengthened through all the trials of life! I love my Savior and I'm so grateful for this opportunity to serve Him! Sorry that this email is shorter and has less details, it's all I have time for today! 

With Elder Ray
I love you all, 
keep pushing on!!

Love Elder Barlow


With Elder Scoresby, one of the AP's​
Elder Barrus and Elder Gordon


Some P-day fun




No comments:

Post a Comment