Sunday, June 24, 2018

June 18, 2018 - No Time to Rest

Hey everybody!!

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying summer! Winter weather in Zimbabwe is kind of bipolar. In the mornings it's brisk enough to take a jacket when you leave the house, but by 11 am it will be hot and sunny. Sometimes you might choose to leave the jacket at home. However, by 5 pm it begins to get colder again, and you wish you had your jacket. Evenings are cold enough to need a blanket and a heater. So we get the best of both worlds in Zimbabwe.

This week was incredibly busy again for us. We didn't have a full day in the area the whole week, but we had some great experiences. On Tuesday we had zone conference. It is always good to gather as missionaries and be taught by our leaders. It's crazy to think that I may or may not have another zone conference! I will definitely miss them. It was President Mkhabela's last zone conference as well, and he addressed us on valuing and believing the scriptures. He asked us if we truly believe the scriptures that we read. For example, he read for us from Matthew about seeking first the kingdom of God, and then asked if we choose missionary work over worrying about what we will eat or wear. It made me think hard about how I understand and value the scriptures, and I've been trying to make a conscious effort to apply all that I learn in the scriptures. I also had my last interview with President Mkhabela before he goes home. I am truly grateful to have served around him. I have learned so much from him and he has helped me to become the person I am today. It was hard to keep emotions back in the interview. He was very gracious and paid me some high compliments as well (which I won't take time to mention), which was very kind. I will miss him and his wife when they return home.

The rest of the week was full of crazy errands. Everything from moving 4 missionaries into a different house with our little Nissan, to helping some missionaries in our zone with an open house. We definitely didn't have a second of open time (or any time to take pictures...sorry Mom). It was hard to not be able to proselyte as much as we wanted, but I know that the work we do for our zone is still important in helping the Lord's work roll forward. Church was awesome on Sunday! Southlea Park has an attendance of about 80+ members, many of whom are very strong in the Church. They seem very supportive and I'm so excited to work with them and get to know them better! 

Well, that's about all for this week! I promise I'll have more to write next week! I know that Christ lives and that this is His work, and I love being a part of it even when it pushes me to my limits!

Love Elder Barlow

Sorry, I didn't really have time to take pictures this week, but here's my last picture with Elder Gunther and Elder Whiting from two weeks back


No comments:

Post a Comment