Sunday, June 24, 2018

May 21, 2018 - Chando Chasvika (The Cold Has Arrived)

Hey everybody!!

This week was super busy! Elder Till and I definitely had our hands full, but we got some good work done. Winter is finally setting in here in Zimbabwe. It started a little earlier than last year. The mornings and evenings are pretty chilly these days, but the weather is perfect during the day. (Once again, yes, it does get cold in Africa)

Cool view from our house in the morning

On Tuesday we had zone conference. It was good to see some good friends and be taught by our mission president. Elder Till and I were able to give a presentation on helping investigators to make and keep commitments, and it went really well. I enjoy presenting because it pushes me out of my comfort zone and gives me an opportunity to teach and help others. President Mkhabela read several scriptures about the miracles that Christ performed, and then showed us how we should have faith and trust in His infinite power and mercy. Too often we study the scriptures and appreciate the miracles that occurred without realizing that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He is a God of miracles, and will always bless us as long as we exercise our faith in Him (Moroni 7, 10). On my mission, I have grown to trust the Lord more, and He has truly provided miracles.
With Elder Lucas and Elder Masitsa after exchanges


On Wednesday we had exchanges with the Marondera elders. I went with Elder Masitsa from Kenya, who was in my district back in Mutare. We must've walked across the entirety of their area, but we had a great time finding and teaching people about the restored gospel. Marondera is an hour away from the rest of our zone, so it's always good to visit with the elders there.
With Elder Till at zone conference





Remember what I said about miracles? Well, we received a few of them this weekend. Elder Till and I had hit a slump with finding new people to teach, and it was looking like it would continue into next week. However, several people came to church that we had never met or taught before. In addition, a young couple that we have been teaching came for the first time with two friends, even though we hadn't been able to teach them this week. Nearly everyone that we are planning on baptizing this week also attended church, and things are truly looking up for Eastview. I know that when we are obedient and exercise faith, the Lord truly performs miracles. Elder Till are working with seven people to prepare for baptism this week, and our zone also has great potential for the remainder of May. It's an exciting time to be a part of the Lord's work!!


Oh,  and one last highlight for the week: WE PLAYED VOLLEYBALL TODAY! I'm talking about a wood floor, a real net, and a real ball. I was so excited, and it was a ton of fun. Definitely one of the best P days in memory.

That's about all for this week! I love you all, thank you for your love and support! I know this is the Lord's work!

Love Elder Barlow


No comments:

Post a Comment