Sunday, June 24, 2018

March 26, 2018 - Gratitude

Hey everybody!!
I have to apologize again, this is probably going to be my shortest email yet (time is again a scarce commodity). Not a ton happened during the week because I was sick for a couple days. I can honestly say that although it was a bad experience, I gained such an appreciation for missionary work because I wasn't able to do it. I am grateful for the health that I've been blessed with throughout the majority of my life and my mission and for all the small tender mercies that have often gone unnoticed. Even more than that, I am grateful for a Savior, even the Lord Jesus Christ, that loved me enough to take upon Him my sins AND my infirmities so that I may be succored in trials and granted forgiveness. I am also eternally grateful for the opportunity the Lord has given me to serve Him and these wonderful people in Zimbabwe as a missionary. I have come to understand more and more that it is a privilege to be here participating in this great work, partially because it's an opportunity for me to learn, to change who I am, and become more like Christ. I am thankful for the good times and the bad times that I've encountered throughout my mission and for the person that they've helped me become. I firmly believe in our Heavenly Father's divine design to help us reach our full potential, and I cannot wait to see what lies ahead for the rest of my mission! I love you all, I promise that I'll write more next week!
Love Elder Barlow

Us with Freedom, one of our recent converts. He's going to be an awesome missionary, he asks to work with us all the time


No comments:

Post a Comment