Sunday, June 24, 2018

June 4, 2018 - From the East Side to the South Side

Hey everyone!!
Saying goodbye to Tildah, Tanatswa, and their mom
Today marks the beginning of my last full transfer! It will also be the last transfer with President Mkhabela, and by the end of June there will be two missions! Things are happening in Zim!! I'm also being transferred from Eastview to Southlea Park (still in Harare) to be with Elder Hansen. We'll be the zone leaders over the biggest zone in the mission and both of us will be new to the area, so we've definitely got our work cut out for us! This email will be a bit shorter because of transfers, but I'll do my best to give a recap of the week.

This week we worked hard to find more people to teach. We've been struggling to find new people who are prepared for and ready to act on the message of the restored gospel, but things definitely changed. Our recent converts have been so key in finding new investigators. This week, Tildah (a recent convert of one month) showed us to 3 of her friends and their families, and also brought her mom to church! Powerful! I love these people who are brand new in the gospel because they have so much energy and a great desire to share their newfound faith! One of the people she showed us is a lady named Beauty, who has 3 daughters. All of them also came to church, which was amazing! Funny story, one of her daughters is named Shivine (which is a unique name by itself) and when you say it fast, it sounds just like schwein, which means pig in German. Elder Till was dying; it was hilarious.
With Freedom's family

Elder Till and I also ate chicken feet this week. Yes, you read that correctly. It was definitely strange, but it wasn't that bad actually. If you think you've eaten chicken fingers before, think again haha.

Overall, I'm so grateful to have served in Eastview. I've experienced the most success of my mission here, and I'm convinced that the Lord blessed us because my companions and I were striving our best to be obedient and diligent in all we do. I love each of the incredible converts that I had the privilege of meeting and sharing the gospel with. It was difficult to say goodbye, but I know they are in good hands. Serving a mission truly is the most incredible experience!
Hopefully I'll have more to write next week! I love this work and I'm grateful for each and every day I have to serve the Lord. Love you all!

Love Elder Barlow


No comments:

Post a Comment